Friday, January 19, 2007

A Nursing Photo

For the past few months Pearl has insisted on nursing right after we take a shower. I don't know if she likes the skin-to-skin contact which she only gets nursing at that time, or if she is just cold and hungry and wants a snack but if I try to get her to wait she has a meltdown and I have to talk her through at least putting my pants on because I for one do not like hanging around cold and wet in the bedroom.

Sparkly Clean!


A few days ago we took a shower in the afternoon and the light in the bedroom was nice so I brought my freshly-charged camera in to take some pictures. Then she made her demand for "m'kies" and I got some shots of her nursing by stretching and contorting myself, and bracing my camera against my shoulder, and then against the windowsill, taking full advantage of the autofocus and hoping I was pointing my camera in the right direction. I guess I could probably get some nice ones using my tripod and the timer or the remote but I liked how a few of them came out.

milkiesbw

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Elaine said...

That is a beautiful shot!

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice! I admire you for taking these shots and having the courage to post them, with all the family members that read my blog...some of them would fall off their chair if I did. Sometimes I think it'd be handy to have a secret blog, because I'd so love to express that side of myself ... ;)

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, that is one fine photo! it's absolutely the best nursing photo i have ever seen. i love it, it's so different. mesmerizing.

4:21 AM  
Blogger christina said...

Gorgeous.

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So beautiful!

11:01 AM  
Blogger KELLI BELLY said...

I came here through Sarahgrace. These photo's are so sweet! You have a beautiful little girl.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

Such a beautiful shot. I really need to get some better pics of Tessa nursing...most are dark and blurry...

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is absolutely beautiful ... you even got some catchlights in her eyes! What a wonderful moment to capture.

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home