Sunday, January 07, 2007

Uberlist

I was pleased to see that the New Year's theme at Mama Says Om is Uberlist, something they did last year and I was looking forward to participating in this time around. Lofty and lowly, here are some plans, hopes, and resolutions for 2007, in no particular order:

  • Create a mixed vegetable-herb-flower garden that is beautiful as well as functional
  • Be kinder and more patient
  • Eat less sweets
  • Learn more about nutrition and put what I learn into practice
  • Add lunches to the meal plan so that Pearl and I always have something yummy and healthy to eat in the middle of the day
  • Be more diligent about reading nonfiction
  • Keep the house cleaner
  • Breathe deeply
  • Learn to felt
  • Go through my bazillion digital photographs and get rid of the cruddy ones
  • Learn to knit
  • Get more bookshelves
  • Frame and hang more pictures
  • Install a cat door
  • Make a quilt for our bed
  • Set up Pearl's room
  • Start moving Pearl into her own bed
  • Make my own greeting cards - enlist Pearl's help on some!
  • Do yoga
  • Learn to batik
  • Start composting
  • Write more
  • Learn more about my camera and photography
  • Go camping
  • Take Pearl to a nearby big aquarium
  • Bake my own bread
  • Attend the UU church, at least once
  • Finish Pearl's baby book and have it printed & bound
  • Get braces
  • Visit my brother-in-law and do some fun stuff in the city he lives in
  • Plant morning glories along the fence
  • Have friends and family over for dinner more often
  • Get out of the house by myself more, and not on errands, just for fun!
  • Buy only clothes that are comfortable, fit well, and are of good quality... this includes underwear!
  • Be more appreciative of my talents
  • Research vaccinations and decide what to do about them
  • Brush up on my espanol
  • Find a good family doctor
  • Paint. Draw.
  • Do some volunteer work
  • Don't go so long between haircuts that I feel like a total frump
  • Get dinner at least partially prepared during the day so I can spend more time in the evening with my husband and daughter
  • Remember that all I'm assured of ever getting is this moment

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Flinger said...

I love the list. I need to do more Yoga as well. I promised I'd do prenantel Yoga the ENTIRE time and here I am, week 17 and I've done it once.

*sigh*

9:26 PM  
Blogger mary said...

great list. I agree with the get out more not just for earrands.

2:39 PM  
Blogger mandaroo63 said...

I love morning glories too, and will definately have to plant some this year. I tried UU first time 2 weeks ago and really enjoyed it. Nice list. BTW love the name Pearl, very pretty!

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a really good uberlist. I want to make a quilt for our bedroom, too, I just hope I get around to it!

Oh, and if you're researching vaccines, I recommend "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Children's Vaccinations" by Stephanie Cave, M.D., and Laura Mitchell. I thought it was very even keeled, and offered up a lot of info that I found helpful.

12:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your list, and love the idea for the list too. I've been wanting to do something about/for the new year, and I think this is a good alternative to the stinky old resolutions... something to aspire to, and you'll at least accomplish ONE thing on your list. I love your last one especially!

...and I have to say I'm completely weirded out now, because I have been to 3 different blogspot blogs, and ALL of them have had the exact same word for the word verification... "smenita" weird.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

great list! i am going to swipe a few for my own...

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home