Monday, May 16, 2005

Still Here, Still Pregnant

38 weeks along today, ladies and gentlemen! That means two weeks until my due date. Two weeks is 14 days. And that is not very many.

I am feeling pretty antsy but also not ready. It's amazing, all the different emotions you can feel about one matter.

Today I had a visit from two of my friends from high school. It was pleasant to chitter-chatter with them, even though things have changed a great deal since high school and I'm not really the same person. We don't talk a whole lot these days; I am very different from them. (And then there's the whole antisocial thing I have going on.) Last time they came to visit me, shortly before the presidential election and before I was pregnant, I managed to be rather rude in a discussion about politics, calling their fiances "gun-toting rednecks". They were less offended than I would've been about it, which is good or else we might've had a big fight about it. Speaking of rednecks, one of my friends today said something really funny. We were talking about how her and her fiance got together, and how she'd thought that she didn't like him, and she said, "All I knew about him was that he was a nasty redneck. I didn't know I was into that at the time."

Cracked me up.

They were both amazed by my giant belly and amused by my waddling.

My mother-in-law says that the baby has dropped, and my husband told me so himself today. I agree. My heartburn (which was so mild I feel bad complaining about it! my pregnancy has been very easy) has gone away, so I know she's lower down at least. My belly is looking quite huge. More stretch marks than ever, and today it is itchy, oh so itchy. I will try to remember to take a picture and post it tomorrow; right now I am on the laptop and my husband is on the computer that can handle my phototweaking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home