Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Elimination Communication in the News

There have been a couple of articles in the New York Times about EC lately, and one in the latest edition of People magazine too. EC has also been discussed on Good Morning America and the Today Show (scroll down for a video clip).

I'm pleased that the idea is getting mainstream coverage. It'd be nice to not feel like such a freakazoid when I try to potty Pearl in the car! I always try when we go to town but we're rarely successful. I don't know if going in and out of stores and the car messes up our timing or if she picks up on my stress. Probably both.

3 Comments:

Blogger christina said...

I SO thought of you when I read that article in people! I didn't start with Bean with EC, my life is a bit too full I think... but I am fully intending on early potty training--I've read some stuff about letting your child run around naked (obviously, when it's warm, preferably in the back yard) until they pee--and then having the potty right there ready--so they make the connection. Seeing as ms. Pearl will be entirely potty trained by the time she can walk, this might be redundant for you. But I'd love to know what you think.

Oh, and the pictures of Pearl on Flickr playing with her shadows are just amazing!!!

4:47 PM  
Blogger fuzzypeach said...

Thanks kb:)

Christina, I know that some people do start ECing at a later age, but before the usual potty training time.

Here is an article on starting EC at a later age: http://www.white-boucke.com/reviews/latestarters.html

5:55 AM  
Blogger Mama C-ta said...

That is cool that more people will be educated, it's awful when people make you feel like a freak. I was surprised my mother in law of all people knew about it!

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home