Wednesday, October 05, 2005

And One Year Ago on This Day...

...Mr. Peach and I were wed!

It was nothing fancy at all - he has called it his dream wedding. We took a break from work and went to a judge's office downtown. I wore a purple dress. There was an elderly couple waiting there to be married as well, and we made small talk with them while we waited.

Even though it was the simplest of ceremonies I was still excited and jittery. We said our I-do's and we exchanged white gold bands and we kissed and it was done... and now it's a year later and we're celebrating our first anniversary tonight by going out to our favorite restaurant. As I'm not quite ready to leave Pearl alone she's coming along too, which is perfectly okay with me as she was there when we got married and went on our honeymoon too.

Being married doesn't feel a whole lot different from when we weren't married - I still feel like my partner is a wonderfully smart, silly, and kind person; a sweet man who I am happy to share my life with.

I don't have any pictures from our wedding day but I have some from a day trip we took a few weeks later. They will have to do.


3 Comments:

Blogger ginger said...

Happy Anniversary!

Your wedding sounds just about what we are planning (or technically I guess you could say we are "not planning" - haha). Low key, nice and easy.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Mama C-ta said...

Happy Anni! I swear you guys sound like the perfect family!

8:21 PM  
Blogger pretendingsanity said...

happy anniversary!!!

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home