Sunday, September 25, 2005

A Year Ago Today

I found out I was pregnant a year ago today. Pearl was just a tiny ball of cells then, busy getting settled into my womb, making me feel tired and out of sorts. It's incredibly amazing to think of that and then look at her now.

Here is the post from an older incarnation of my blog:




That's right, I'm pregnant!

I took the pictured test Saturday, as I was suspicious. I'd been very tired, my nipples were very sensitive, and I had a day of cramping followed by no period.

And sure enough, I'm pregnant.

I was worried about breaking the news to Mr. Peach, but needlessly as it turns out. He wasn't even surprised; said he already knew! I asked if he'd found the test and he said no, he just knew...

And he's excited and happy about it! It is so wonderful, having his enthusiasm to match mine. We're going to have a baby!

I'm still somewhat in disbelief. Yesterday after I took the test I kept getting it out and staring at it, making sure I hadn't imagined it. I have this vague, hovering idea too that in a few days, somehow things will be normal again, I won't be pregnant... but then I remind myself that I have no period, and of the symptoms, and of the postive HPT and wake myself up a little. I am pregnant!

And after I've come back to reality I start to worry that something is going to go wrong. I am terrified of a miscarriage. I can't even talk about how terrified I am and what it would do to me. Mr. Peach tells me not to worry because if something is going to happen there's nothing that I can do about it anyhow, so just relax.. so I'm trying. Trying to enjoy it and not be scared. Have faith in my body. This is what it was made to do, after all.


And my body did well. I have a wonderful, healthy baby girl, born naturally with no complications. Amazing.

3 Comments:

Blogger ginger said...

Isn't it amazing how much our lives can change in a year!

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has it already been a year? Wow time has really flown.

Moosie Moosie Mander

6:34 PM  
Blogger Mama C-ta said...

That is amazing, and I love reading the first entry about it, I wish I had my blog then. I still have the pee covered stick though!

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home