Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Learning Fast



Originally uploaded by fuzzypeach.

Today I watched Pearl figure something out. I was baking brownies and had stuck her in the bouncy seat while I tested them for doneness and when I returned to my seat she had her legs stretched out and was looking very intently at her feet. She looked at them for a while longer and then crunched up and reached out and grabbed those toes!

Her tummy muscles are getting real strong and she's gaining control of her hands. It was neat to see her put it all together in that moment.

However, this does raise the question of how safe the bouncy seat is now. She's been pushing up on the bottom and straightening out in it for a while, and now she can sit up in it. I'll have to check it out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mama C-ta said...

Awesome, go Pearl!

5:43 PM  
Blogger sarahgrace said...

Oh, yes- I love this stage- but yeah, the bouncy seat may need to go- I had the same concern with my little one, but he could really throw himself forward- so...

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home