Friday, August 04, 2006

In Which Every Word Typed Ellicits a Yelp of Pain

So, apparently you're supposed to wear gloves when chopping up hot peppers like jalepenos. I did not know this, and now I am in pain. Only the fingertips of my left hand feel like they've been seared but the sensation from my right hand is making me think that a Reverend Mother has my hand in a box and a Gom Jabbar at my throat. I tried washing them with soap, hot water, vinegar, cider vinegar, baking soda, gave them a clay mask, and finally took a Claritin, which I can tell is beginning to help. Still, ouch!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Wildefrost said...

Oooh, good to know. Hope you are doing better. :)

5:00 PM  
Blogger Charles Riedmueller said...

Love the Dune reference. And I feel your pain. Maybe more, even.

One particularly poor Christmas I made a large batch of salsa and gave jars of it away for gifts. The recipe called for habeneros . . . the hottest pepper there is . . . and that they be roasted and peeled. I roasted, I peeled. The fumes alone sent teers to my eyes.

Then I went to pee.

Without first washing my hands.

The salsa labels carried the name, "Balls of Fire"

6:24 PM  
Blogger Elaine said...

Milk (even the type that comes from your boobs) will cut that heat. Not that you're likely to do this again...

8:55 PM  
Blogger fuzzypeach said...

LOL, Charlie!!

Elaine, I am such a dunce... I read that milk could help but we don't drink cow's milk anymore... I didn't even think about *my* milk! Yeesh.

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, youch! Hope they feel better soon, and thanks for the warning!

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and I just read PW's comment...and that is just too hilarious! "Balls of Fire" Double youch!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

Re: the breastmilk remedy -

I imagine you'd want to avoid touching your boobs, too...

I can see Mr. Peach preforming an emergency milking!

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home