Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Things I Am Enjoying This Week

* The latest crop of aubergines from my garden; delicious when roasted, fried, and sauteed! ('Aubergine' sounds so much nicer than 'eggplant', don't you think?)

* Watching Pearl poke her newly-discovered belly button - so cute!

* An Autumn Mix of Jelly Belly beans that I won in on of last week's drawings on the Urban Baby Runway Blog. I love that place, check it out if you haven't - the ladies there review all sorts of products and services for mamas and babies and frequently give things away. I've won a $65 gift certificate from Kate Quinn Organics there in the past - and now that the weather is cooler Pearl and I are enjoying the clothes I ordered!

* Google Calendar. It integrates nicely with Gmail so I get reminders about everything. I'm using it to keep my activities, appointments, meal plans, and chores all organized. I am lazy, a procrastinator, and very bad at managing my time wisely so it's been very useful.

* Burt's Bees Peach and Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub. I don't know why I love cleaning my skin with little hard particles, but I always have! Burt's Bees also has a new tear-free baby shampoo out that I've been using on Pearl, smells so good and is free of yucky chemicals.

* Cinnamon doughnuts and apple cider!

* Over-the-knee socks from Sock Dreams. Cute, warm socks and tights = me wearing skirts in cold weather!

* This picture, one of several that my sister took of Pearl and I yesterday:

Elaina and I



Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture! It's so nice when you know someone who can take good pictures. I'm diggin' the sock site ... I bookmarked it for later shopping.

6:00 PM  
Blogger christina said...

You two are gorgeous!

8:35 AM  
Blogger lauranen said...

Hi,

I'm a new reader and I thought I'd say hello!
I came across your blog while searching for blog posts about baby-led weaning - yours must've been one of the earliest ones last year!
Your pictures are beautiful and I really enjoy your writing.
Laura (Newbrowne & BLWbaby)

2:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, that's SUCH a sweet picture of you two, I love it!

I, too, bookmarked the sock site for later use. How fun! :)

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are enjoying everything :)

And I see your sister has great photography skill too, that picture better be in a frame on a well and not just on a PC :)

I'm right there with you, skirts in winter? YES PLEASE!

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home