Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Self Portrait Tuesday - With My Daughter

This month's theme at Self Portrait Tuesday is "With Someone" and I thought it appropriate for my first portrait for this theme to include the person with whom I spend ALL my time, my daughter Pearl.

Asleep in My Lap


For the past two years - she was conceived at about this time of the year - I have been spending the vast majority of my time with her. It was amazing to grow her in my womb, thrilling to nourish her with my milk and hold her close, bittersweet to watch her take her first steps away from me. Hard to have so much emotion wrapped around one person, stressful to have so many worries about her, exhausting to spend so much time with another person and their needs. Overall: wonderful.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

FABULOUS photo. I love the expressions on your faces.

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw, I got a tiny tear when I read "bittersweet to watch her take her first steps away from me" because that's what I'm going through right now....

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the most tender photo!

5:43 PM  
Blogger Elaine said...

Beautiful shot and words. I am (as you know) right there with you!

5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You summed it all up so well. Beautiful photo.

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home