Saturday, August 12, 2006

Still No Dairy for This Mama

Earlier this week I caved in to the delicious idea of pizza and my husband brought some home. I've had some dairy here and there over the summer... nothing major, but enough to cause Pearl some reflux during the day. I figured this would be the same but the last day or two have been pretty bad.

She's had reflux, and she also has a snotty/stuffy nose. And of course my husband has a little cold so it's impossible, once again, to say with certainty that it is caused by my dairy consumption. Today she had a very messy poop (mostly in the potty, thank goodness) and there was a bit of blood. That's never happened before and it freaked me out a bit. I knew that it was a common sign of allergy thanks to reading about Mama C-ta's travails with breastfeeding a babe with allergies, so I wasn't too worried, but still, it was blood!

Aside from the physical effects the dairy's caused Pearl, she has been a mess emotionally too. I don't know how much of it is toddler stuff and how much of it is do to her tummy troubles but she has just been clingy, angry, and moody in general.

Hopefully it'll be uphill from here, it usually seems to be after she poops. I'm bummed though, because I was really jonesing for a black forest sundae - perhaps I can rig up a non-dairy version though...

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate hearing this stuff. I have been giving Julian dairy (cheese mostly) and it's all so hard to tell. Haven't noticed blood but his poops always seem weird to me. And like you, everyone around us is sick so I can't tell if his stuffy nose is from that, seasonal allergies, the cat we are staying with or dairy. And man, talk about moody...who knows with this stuff. I hope Pearl outgrows this soon!

7:33 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I am off dairy now to see if it will help my baby's allergies... it's so hard to tell!!

I wasn't sure if it was seasonal or the dog, but then after some plain yogurt he broke out in hives. Um,that was a bit obvious. He still has stuffy nose after 2 weeks of no dairy now, and I am always second guessing myself! I do love rice milk, tho, and have lost some weight since going dairy-free!

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man. I don't envy you in having to deal with this. Hopefully, it will all pan out, or she'll eventually outgrow it.
Hope you are able to get some answers soon.

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home