Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I Guess We've Entered that Stage of Toddlerhood in Which the Toddler Says Hilarious Things

So. For the past few months, Pearl has just loved the whole animal sounds thing. She loves her animal sounds books, looking at pictures and making the appropriate sounds, and sometimes when we're bored I'll ask her a whole slew of questions like,"What does x say?" or switch it around and ask, "What says x?" She'll do this in her sleep, too - one night right after she unlatched and rolled over she said, "Hoo hoo!" It's a owl!" and her mouth was still full of milk and her voice was all burbley, so funny and sweet.

Well, over the last few days, she has been saying, "MOOOO! It's milkies says!"

I have no idea how she came to THAT conclusion! We don't drink cow's milk or partake of any other dairy products, with the exception of my husband who does eat cow's cheese, and we don't watch t.v. or have any books that talk about this. She knows cows say moo, but my breasts? I can assure you that they have never mooed. I am terribly amused and faintly insulted. She'll pop off the breast to say it or just say it randomly. I interrogated my husband about this but he swears he has no idea how she made this association. So... what the hay?! What a silly tot.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Elaine said...

Hey, at least it's better than the time recently when Anya popped off, looked me straight in the eye and said, "ELMO" and then went back to nursing. Elmo? ELMO? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME, HERE?

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! I'm sputtering over here...
I think I would be slightly insulted myself, but I often refer to myself as a cow when I'm nursing anyways...

3:12 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

So dear.

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home