Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Tiered Dress

A few months ago, my husband consolidated our two desktop PCs into one, which freed up a desk in one of the bedrooms. I was happy because this meant my poor little sewing machine finally had a home and would no longer be forced to camp out on the dinner table whenever I was working on a project! I was able to complete a sewing cover and a few other small projects before my sewing machine up and died and I had to take it to a shop to be repaired.

Thankfully, it just had some thread caught up in a place I couldn't reach and so it didn't cost me an arm and a leg to get it back.

I dug out a pattern (Simplicity 5685)and some fabric that I bought sometime last year and got work on this dress:

I Made This Dress!


Didn't get a very good picture of it, but there it is. I enjoyed making it; the pattern was easy to follow and very forgiving - important when you're a haphazard sort of seamstress like I am.


Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Elaine said...

It's beautiful (as is the model)! Thank you for sharing it!

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is super cute! I just started sewing, haven't made much, (except that Jawa outfit I still haven't shown anyone...ha ha) and I cannot sew a straight line to save my life!

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I <3 this dress, and the photos. Adorable.

7:25 AM  
Blogger dillyweed said...

great little dress. So precious. You did a great job. And she looks like she is enjoying it too!
xoxo

8:35 AM  
Blogger Mella said...

The dress is adorable - you may have inspired me to attempt such a task...maybe.

Beautiful photos, as always.

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so precious, and it looks adorable on her!

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Mom used to make dresses like that for me. Miss them. Thanks for the pictures.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Potato said...

Lovely work on the dress! And my sewing machine is camped on the kitchen table too. This post might inspire me to find a better home for it so I can get a project finished!

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an adorable dress. Keep up the good work. You might inspire me to actually try using my machine. Maybe.

12:44 PM  
Blogger pretendingsanity said...

the dress is so cute, you did a beautiful job!

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home