Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Self-Portrait Tuesday - Personal History

The Squiggle Tan


photo of a photo

My family took many vacations to Florida when I was growing up. This trip, I brought home an interesting souvenir - a squiggle tan. The sun went through my bathing suit in either the green or the black spaces - I don't remember which - and left my skin browned in a squiggly pattern. When we returned home, my older sister made me tug up my shirt and show her friends, like a sideshow freak - but I didn't really mind... I was quite proud of my uniquely sun-adorned skin.

More self portraits can be found here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Elaine said...

Look how long your legs are!

And I bet that tan was a nice change... everyone should have squiggle skin once in their life.

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would kill for a squiggle, I'd feel so cool :)

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home