Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Self Portrait Tuesday: Reflective Surfaces

Myself, reflected multiple times, warped in multiple ways, on the surface of my child's first Christmas ornament:



2005 was the year I became a mother. For the first half I carried my child in my womb and for the last half I cared for her in the outside world. It has redefined me, has touched and influenced all aspects of myself. Not without me struggling against it sometimes, but in most ways I believe it is for the better. I am different now.

So I found this to be an appropriate self portrait.

More self portraits can be found here.

3 Comments:

Blogger ginger said...

What an awesome picture! Beautiful!

6:45 PM  
Blogger sarahgrace said...

What a great shot- with great meaning!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Daph said...

That's awesome. What a great reflection (both the ornament AND what you wrote)! :)

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home