Sunday, December 18, 2005

Delicious

Spicy Sweet Potatoes


and Fudge.


Spicy Sweet Potatoes - one of our favorite dishes around here, inspired by various other recipes. I cut the potatoes into about 1 1/3 inch chunks, leaving the skin on, then place them in a bowl and drizzle them with extra virgin olive oil. I stir them around until they're coated in olive oil, then add the spices. I use cayenne pepper, paprika, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper, and sometimes garlic powder. I add two or three of the seasonings at a time and then toss, add a few more and toss again. I usually roast them with chicken breasts (with bone and skin) for about forty minutes at 425 degrees. They turn out so good! They turn out soooo good. I use garnet sweet potatoes - generally a long, skinny variety that has a lovely smooth texture.

Fudge - I made to give out as Christmas gifts this year, along with toffee, which I'll be making later on. I used this recipe, doubled and with less sugar and butter. It turned out beautifully, some of the best fudge I've ever had. It didn't reach the temperature it was supposed to, so I boiled it for an extra minute or two, and thankfully it turned out fine. That would've been a lot of ingredients wasted had it not!

I have really been enjoying cooking lately as it is usually my one creative act of the day.

7 Comments:

Blogger Elaine said...

OMG, I'm all hungry now and wanting fudge. Those look beautiful!

2:47 PM  
Blogger Charles Riedmueller said...

Gonna have to make those spicy sweet potatoes. Can you put up a more detailed recipe, or do you recomend winging it?

9:26 PM  
Blogger fuzzypeach said...

PW, I can't give measurements or anything but I will edit my post to include more detailed steps!

5:59 AM  
Blogger sarahgrace said...

Omigoodness! I am so hungry and I pull up your page and what do I see? Yummy goodness! I am totally salivating!

4:14 PM  
Blogger saurav said...

May Peace
Hope and Love
be with you
Today
Tomorrow
and Always

Merry Christmas!

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I almost ate my monitor.

7:05 PM  
Blogger Daph said...

That fudge looks so good I just licked my screen! YUM!

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home