Friday, December 16, 2005

A Night on the Town

Last night we went out to dinner with my brother-in-law and his girlfriend to celebrate his completion of college. We almost didn't go, as it was late in the day and Pearl screams in the car late in the day, and she hadn't had a good nap so we anticipated extra crankiness. But she surprised us by being a mellow and even somewhat cheerful baby all evening. She just kind of relaxed on the trip to town, and - this is so surprising I'm having a hard time typing it - slept on the way home! It was amazing!

We had Thai food, which I always enjoy, and afterwards we walked around the square, showing Pearl the millions of Christmas lights the city puts up every year. She took it in with wide eyes, but I didn't get any pictures, because I left my camera at home. I almost brought it, then I thought, nah, I won't need it. Everytime I do this I always later think, why didn't I bring my camera?

I don't know if the happiness in the car last evening was a fluke or if she's outgrown the screaming. I really, really hope it's the latter.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope Pearl starts to enjoy car rides too!! Man I miss Thai food soooo badly

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home