Wednesday, November 30, 2005

First Food!

On Monday we gave Pearl her first taste of solid food: avocados.



I was only able to get the tiniest taste in her mouth before she took control of the spoon, and she didn't act too horrified. When she got the spoon she even put it in her own mouth and gave herself a little bite! After that it was just playing though, and it's amazing how messy just two tablespoons of avocado can get. Once we get a high chair we'll let her go wild with her food and feed herself, as I can see this whole spoon thing is not going to work, at least not until she learns that it means delicious food! I think she would've been more impressed with something sweet; bananas or sweet potatoes perhaps. We'll try one of those next.

Yesterday my sister and her baby and our friend and her baby and me and my baby all went to see a movie! We found out that a local theater does "Cinema Babies" so we went and saw the new Harry Potter movie, which did not disappoint, other than the fact that so much was left out... but that's how it is with book-to-movie adaptations. What was really awesome is that we were the only ones in the whole theater. And all three babies were pretty much happy the whole time, the newborn slept the whole time, my niece slept a great deal of the time, and Pearl, well, Pearl squirmed and jumped and nursed and wiggled the whole time!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool you are a Reel mom too now! Our movie next week is Rent, I totally want to see it, hopefully it's as good as the play.

Yay for Pearl and solids! It looks so fun. I told my husband I plan on making J's and said something about avocado and he thought that was weird to just eat it plain. What's he got to compare it to other than BM!

5:27 PM  
Blogger pretendingsanity said...

oh, yummy, avocados! I gave my kids banana first, that seems to go over really well. I like that you're going with 'real' food instead of yicky baby junk.

9:08 PM  
Blogger sarahgrace said...

LOL! (at your commenters "BM" stuff)

I love that look on her face- it's so much fun to see them try new tastes. I have one picture of my eldest son and his first taste of lemon...

And I wish my town would get on the ball and offer a movie showing for moms too! Oh, to see a movie on the big screen again.

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home