Monday, March 20, 2006

I Ate Pizza!

I had my root canal finished this morning - what a fun few hours that was. Lots of waiting, lots of holding my mouth wide open, x-rays, shots, drilling, poking, and the like. I am not a person who has a big dentist anxiety thing so it wasn't really a big deal, just discomfort. Pearl spent the time with her daddy, who managed to get her to take a nice long nap in the car, and fed her cheerios in the waiting room to the adoration of the receptionists.

To celebrate the completion of all the dental work I had done this month my family went out to our favorite local pizza restaurant and my husband and I enjoyed a delicious pizza, made with thin crust and pepperonis and delicious, delightful cheese, cheese made from cow's milk. The last time we were there was with my parents, when Pearl was nearing two months old, and that dinner cinched my suspicions that dairy didn't agree with her.

Now I'm waiting to see how she handles it this time.

I started feeling anxious and guilty a few hours before dinner. I was worried it would hurt her, thinking that perhaps it was selfish of me, perhaps a better mother would have forgone the dairy until her child had weaned rather than testing to see if the baby had outgrown the allergy and risk causing her pain. Mr. Peach told me that he didn't think it was selfish. So I went ahead with it. And I did enjoy it. Maybe it wasn't quite as glorious as I thought it'd be... but it was certainly delicious.

There are two pieces still in the fridge. If Pearl doesn't seem to be suffering any ill effects, I might just eat them tomorrow. I love cold pizza.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, yay, yay! I hope Pearl handles it OK. I know exactly what you mean feeling selfish and thinking a better mom wouldn't risk it just for some ice cream. I still feel that way. The fact Bryan said it wasn't selfish is the only thing that makes me feel OK about it.

Can't wait to find out how it goes. I hope to hear you ate the left overs.

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home