Monday, October 30, 2006

Join Me!

I'm looking to spread the word and find friends/contacts for some of the online services/communities I take part in. I would love it if some of my readers would jump in with me!

~* Firstly, the big one: Flickr, home to my photographs! That link should go to my profile where there should be a link to add me as a contact.

~* A newish place I am involved in is LibraryThing. LibraryThing allows you to add books you own, have read, or are reading - or want to read! - and tag them a la Flickr. Then you can explore similarly tagged books, and the virtual libraries of people who enjoy the same books you do! They also have a widget for posting books to your blog, so it's much easier for me to share what I'm currently reading (see lower down on the sidebar). So if you're a bookworm like me you should definitely check it out!

~* Maya's Mom is a brand new community for parents to share ideas and resources and what-not. What I am most interested in is the sharing of kids' activities. I haven't spent a whole lot of time there yet (seriously, it just opened last week) but here is my profile.

~* Netflix! Netflix is pretty much great. If you're already using Netflix to rent movies by mail, you can add me to your friends by searching for almostfey@gmail.com. Or tell me your address and I'll add you!

~* NaBloPoMo, the lazy man's NaNoWriMo! It's National Blog Posting Month and you can sign up to commit to write a post every day during the month of November, and you can get a cool badge featuring Yoda, who rocks.

seal_yoda

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for including Maya's Mom in your list! As you mentioned, we are just getting started. We'd love to hear any feedback you have.

As an avid Flickr user, I thought you might want to know about a cool feature Marcus stayed up all night at Yahoo Hack Day to create. When you tag Flickr photos with "mayasmom," you can pull them onto your Maya's Mom page directly from Flickr. (As an fyi, photos on Maya's Mom can only be seen by your Maya's Mom friends).

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love me some Netflix.

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home