Monday, July 25, 2005

So Tired

I feel bad complaining about how tired I am because I know we have it relatively easy in that Pearl sleeps through the night (waking up a few times to eat of course). We had a few days recently where she was hard to get down for the night, but those seem to have passed. There was one day when she woke up for good at 4:30am but thank goodness, that was a fluke. So I guess I get plenty of sleep. I'm just so, so tired all the time. We finally mastered nursing laying down in bed so at least I don't have to sit up to nurse any more, just get her latched on and stay awake through let down, which is very strong and causes Pearl to choke and sputter and pull off and then latch on again. Then I can snooze through the rest of the feeding.

So yeah, I'm tired. My house is a disaster and diaper laundry needs to be done but I have absolutely no motivation to do these things, I just want to sit and rest... Taking a nap is a good idea but doesn't work, I'm not usually not sleepy, just worn out. I think I read that breastfeeding saps energy, maybe that's why I'm so tired. I don't know.

Anyways, not a lot going on other than being tired. Pearl is very much enjoying putting weight on her feet, pushing up on her arms, etc. When she's a bit older I'm going to get her a doorway jumper, I think she'd have lots of fun in one. She is getting quite plump! Plumper than ever. I'm not surprised, I was a very fat little baby. She's about to outgrow some of her first diapers.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Flinger said...

I know that feeling well. I think we share it with all new moms. :-)

She's just the cutest thing ever!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Elaine said...

Awww... I went shopping for new diper covers today on MDC bc A's growing out of hers already. Breaks my heart!

And rest mama... you don't get to the second time around!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Mama C-ta said...

I need to learn the laying down nursing...heck I just need to learn any kind of nursing, I'm still trying for the perfect latch and the pain to go away :(

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home