Wednesday, July 13, 2005

What's Up With Baby

Perhaps you're wondering what's new with the baby these days - she's growing fast! I haven't checked her weight or height since she was a month old (10.5lb and 22in) and she's now about six and a half weeks and every time I look at her I think she's gotten bigger! Mama's milk is good stuff.

She has eyelashes! Of course she always has, but she was born with just little stubby ones. Now they're longer and darker, quite fetching. It's astonishing, watching her grow and develop... a baby is a 'common miracle' but a miracle nonetheless. It first really hit me that we'd created a real live human when gazing at her ear one day, all the intricate curves and hollows. It's amazing to think that she just started out as cells... and look at her now.

As you can see from the picture in my last post, she's getting quite good at holding her head up. She has been all along actually, and is improving her control all the time. Her trunk is also getting stronger and if we hold her upright she does crunches and moves her upper body all around. She's putting weight on her feet now too, which means she's moving fast out of the newborn stage!

Her sleep habits have changed too... not something I'm thrilled about. It used to be she would generally sleep after nursing anytime, no problem. Now she'll still sleep after nursing, but not always very deeply, and at bedtime, not at all. That's right. Not going to sleep at bedtime. That is why I am awake right now rather than snoozing blissfully.

However, even though nursing no longer puts her dependably to sleep, I know what does - our mei tai. I put her in it (on my front though, not on my back as in the picture) and bounce on the birth ball or walk around and pretty soon, she's out like a light. Thank goodness... I don't handle not getting my sleep well.

But now she is snoozing (thank you mei tai, thank you birth ball) and so I am off to bed! Sweet dreams all.

3 Comments:

Blogger Daph said...

Wow, I cannot believe how quickly time flies! She's such a cutie, I love the pic of her on the boppy, LOL!

Love your template by the way. Sooper cool! :)

12:32 AM  
Blogger Elaine said...

Our girls are getting so big so fast... freaks me out! And yes, I am constantly amazed that we can create a whole 'nother human. It's crazy.

11:43 AM  
Blogger JulieB said...

Hey Ang! I like your new place!

Yup those baby carriers are a life saver. I think I mentioned that when Evan, my oldest, decided not to fall asleep at night I would put him in the Snuggly and sit on the swing in the backyard. He would watch the sky and eventually nod off.

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home