Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Adventures With Cradle Cap

So Pearl had a few patches of cradle cap on her sweet little head. Not a big deal. She started out with it in her eyebrows! I looked up how to be rid of it and tried applying Burt's Bees Apricot Oil to her brows then gently scraping off the flaky scaly stuff. It worked very well, haven't had cradle cap of the eyebrows since, though, as I said, she developed a few patches on her scalp.

Today I applied the apricot oil to those spots and then rubbed at them a little, then gave her a bath, washed her hair. All was good at this point. Then I decided to brush her hair. I have brushed it once or twice before with a little cheapy brush, no problem, but this time I decided it would be nice to do it with the silver-backed brush from the set my mother-in-law gave to me at my baby shower that also includes a comb and a cute little round silver box that says "My First Curl."

It was nice, very picturesque and all, but I didn't realize that brush's bristles were so stiff... it was quite rough on her scalp and made the cradle cap look much, much worse. It didn't seem to bother her at all, but it looked awful! I used the other, softer brush to get all the flakies out of her hair, and that was better, but her scalp was still looking pretty bad so I rubbed some Burt's Bees Baby Bee lotion onto it. (Can you tell I love Burt's Bees? I do love it.) I don't know why I decided to do that rather than use the apricot oil. The lotion left her hair greasy and kind of crunchy as opposed to just oily, as with the apricot oil. But her scalp looks better!

Now I must wash her hair again before my mother arrives for a visit and discovers what a silly, silly mother I am!

In other news, I am about a fourth of the way into the new Harry Potter book, and am enjoying it. However, I am reading it in ebook form and I guess it is not quite legit - there are many crazy typos and about six chapters in the font abruptly changed! That was quite disconcerting actually. But nonetheless, I am enjoying it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Elaine said...

Lily still has cradle crap (that's what we call it around here, anyway). Anya's got some too and we've been using the BB Oil as well! But I swear... it's an ongoing battle 'round here.

7:41 PM  
Blogger fuzzypeach said...

Hehe, I usually call it cradle crap too.. but not on purpose;)

9:34 PM  
Blogger Daph said...

Cradle crap, LOL! Yeah, I'm a picker (scabs, noses, etc.) so Bryan had to hide the baby from me for a few days until the cradle cap subsided. How sick am I? LOL

10:18 PM  
Blogger JulieB said...

That's what those cute frilly hats are for. :)
I just finished the Half Blood Prince last night. Got it Saturday and was glued to it in my miniscule amount of spare time... really good read.

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home