Thursday, July 28, 2005

Two Months Old

Today little Pearl is two months old, and I thought I would celebrate the occasion by sharing the first picture ever taken of her:



Not great quality, but hey, it was an exciting time!

Her second month has been a pretty good one. She has discovered the toys on the bar of her bouncy seat and now enjoys batting at them and seeing them whirl and hearing them rattle, as well as looking at the baby in the mirror. She'll happily spend 5-10 minutes doing that while I take a shower, so I don't have to wait until she's asleep and pray she stays that way to get clean.

Now if we place toys in her hands she brings them to her mouth and tries her best to get them in there. Her repetoire of sounds has increased and she is always talking about something! She now makes unhappy sounds that aren't crying, and of course there are the gleeful shrieks that I love.

Even though she isn't mobile she spends a lot of time doing physical activity - pushing up with her legs, pushing up with her arms, crunches, and improving her head/neck control. I tell her all the time that it looks like she's just going to get up and run away! It definitely seems like she wants to. I'm sure once she does start moving on her own, she is never going to stop.

Her little thighs have gotten so chubby! Her hair might be a bit longer, too. I know her eyelashes are. When she was born they were just little stubs, hardly visible; now they are long and dark. Her eyes themselves have lightened near the iris and are a gorgeous shade of blue.

Sometimes when she's mad she'll raise her right arm and shake her fist, like a grumpy old man saying, "You cotton-pickin' kids, get off my lawn!"

Her fussy time is no longer a scheduled event but has disintegrated into just being crankier in general throughout the evening. It's very wearying. Is that a word? I don't know. It's evening; I'm wearified. Pearl is at her best in the mornings, after she has just woken up and is ready to smile and babble. I am at my best then too, because the world seems fresh and the day is new and I've got Pearl to spend it with.

4 Comments:

Blogger ginger said...

Happy 2mo Birthday, cutie pie!

4:14 PM  
Blogger Davina said...

LOL "wearified"
She sounds so sweet!

6:51 PM  
Blogger Daph said...

That's so sweet! Happy 1/6th birthday, little baby! :)

10:40 PM  
Blogger Elaine said...

She's magic. And so are you.

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home