Wednesday, July 27, 2005

A Visit With My Family

Well it's morning and I'm awake and the baby is not! We had a birthday dinner for my little brother last night and all the excitement wore her out, poor little thing. She's still snoozing away. She didn't get much sleep yesterday evening. Thankfully it rained on the way home so she went to sleep then at least... Pearl does not appear to be one of those babies who automatically falls asleep in the car. She does sometimes though, and is generally content the times she is awake.

Pearl with her Uncle:


I got to see my little niece whom I haven't seen in a few weeks. She is cute but not so plump as Pearl! Her skin is more olive colored, like her daddy, my brother-in-law. I got her to smile and coo at me, it was pretty cute. Everyone comments on how noisy Pearl is - not in a bad way, she is just very very talkative! Makes noises about everything. I don't really think twice about it except when I'm around my niece, who barely makes a sound, and even cries pretty quietly.

Pearl's cousin:


I had all sorts of nightmares last night, ranging from living with my ex-in-laws, finding out my husband had a another child, husband being drowned in swamp mud by a blonde girl, to people and animals being killed by fiery doors from Heaven. All sorts of craziness that will be popping into my head all day. Why is it that normal dreams I can't remember, but the nightmares I can't shake?

3 Comments:

Blogger pretendingsanity said...

yay for sleeping babies! I relish these moments. But isn't it so hard to not continuously check on them? Ahh, such is the life of a mommie.

9:05 AM  
Blogger JulieB said...

The wierd dreams - - its just your subconscious dealing with all that stuff that your conscious doesn't have time or energy for right now. It'll go away. Altho you could ask Scott who the blonde was ! :D

10:09 PM  
Blogger Davina said...

Such cute little girls!! Pearl is looking so big!!
I hate bad dreams... esp the ones I can't seem to let go of.

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home