Friday, September 09, 2005

Whew...


Originally uploaded by fuzzypeach.

After a hard day of driving mama bananas, Pearl takes a nap, looking quite angelic as she does so. The past couple of days she has been happy only for ten minutes after waking and eating, then the crankiness begins.

Also, she doesn't like anyone to hold her other than me and her daddy lately. We went to my sister's house yesterday and had a visit with my mom and she didn't like being handed off to them! (There are some cute pictures of the visit on my flickr page.) She did enjoy the hot tub, however, and it was awesome to see her little feet kicking in the water as if she would swim away...

On Wednesday my husband and I went to a local Thai restaurant and after looking around uncertainly for a few minutes, taking in the bright colors and the strange music and foreign smells, Pearl's face crumpled and she started to wail, because she was afraid I think. Too many new things! She's more aware these days and she can see better and farther, and she's learning that her world is bigger than she thought...

By the way, thanks for the advice and kind words regarding my frumpiness. I haven't done anything about it - yet. But I will soon, starting with taking a shower as soon as my husband gets home!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mama C-ta said...

Spam sucks...

I'm sorry about the crankiness. funny how I could look at that picture and think "that baby could never be cranky, she looks like such an angel" only parents know!

And it's flattering they only want their mom and dad but SOMETIMES you'd like to do an old handoff!

5:16 PM  
Blogger pretendingsanity said...

she is such a sweetie

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home