Friday, April 13, 2007

Potty Progress!

I am happy to report that over the past few weeks we've had a sort of potty breakthrough! Pearl began saying "Soggy diaper!" before she peed rather than afterwards, and soon progressed to saying "Need sit on the potty." as well. She'll usually tell me when she needs to poop too. She has been sitting on the potty and going pee completely unprompted more and more - which is especially cool when she isn't wearing a diaper! I am considering getting some sort of training pants/diapers... maybe a velcro version that she can remove herself without having them around her ankles, which she hates. I don't know if that would be pushing it or jinxing it or anything - I'm so thrilled with the situation as it is I don't know that I want to change anything up!


Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Go Pearl!

3:52 PM  
Blogger pretendingsanity said...

oooo! that's so exciting!!

1:31 PM  
Blogger Elaine said...

YAY! I can't wait for life without diapers. We're not close yet, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

7:49 AM  
Blogger Potato said...

I keep hearing that there is often a time when pottying just clicks, but sometimes it is hard to imagine... glad to hear it is happening for Pearl!

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am envious. My 21-month-old boy who knows when he is going potty in his diaper is loath to give it up. When I asked him why he would want to stay in a wet diaper his indignant response was "Because it is warm!"

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh awesome!!

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home