Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Snowdrops

I tried to post this photo earlier but Blogger was down. My first day actually blogging here, and it was down. Not thrilled about that.



These sprouted up a couple of weeks ago around the base of one of the giant old oak trees in our front yard. When I saw their flower buds I thought they were crocuses and was sad because I knew the next cold spell would kill them... but these are snowdrops, something new to my experience and quite delightful! Flowers in January... winter isn't all bad, at least not this year, not around here. You can also see daffodils beginning to poke up in the picture, and irises are beginning to come up along the edges of the yard too. My mother-in-law tells me that there is some winter honeysuckle growing beside my bedroom window and I can't wait to see that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home