Friday, October 21, 2005

Looking in the Mirror after Her Bath


Looking in the Mirror after Her Bath
Originally uploaded by fuzzypeach.

It's been a busy week I guess. Our computer sort of has big problems which prompted an upgrade that my gamer husband has long been desiring. I'm not that excited about it personally. I just want to be able to upload and tinker with my photos. And not have to use stupid Linux, which is lame, give me Windows please. Thankfully most of my photos were saved - not all, but the best of those that were lost are on flickr, and at least the ones of Pearl taken when she was a newborn... those are dearest to me because there aren't a whole lot from her very first few days, and she was so small and different then. I went and visited a friend with a very new baby boy, he was so small... just five pounds. He was 5 lb 15 oz when he was born, two weeks early due to pre-eclampsia, but lost the 15 oz, and holding him felt like I was just holding the blanket he was snuggled in. He's a long little guy though, 20 in. It was so sweet to see a new little baby. They seem so otherworldly, dreaming of the other place from which they just came. Smiling in their sleep, making the wobbliest of movements.

Yesterday my mom came for a visit and today Scott's grandma came for a visit and tomorrow we're going to see my mom and grandma when we get together to celebrate my brother's birthday, so it's just been the week of the grandmas! It's worn Pearl out, or something has anyway. It's been sleepsleepsleep, eateateat the past two days. Perhaps a growth spurt. Also she has been on a bit of a potty strike though we're doing better today.

She has decided that waking at 4:30-5:30 in the morning is a good idea, and though I don't think this is such a good decision, the child will not listen to reason. I have a suspicion that she just wants to wake up that early so she can see her daddy before he leaves for work. Either that or she enjoys seeing me in grumpyzombie mode. I don't know. I just feel that I haven't gotten any sleep if I get up before the sun.

That's enough rambling for now. I'm going to go rummage through the kitchen. I feel so undernourished lately; haven't been eating healthy enough I imagine.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mama C-ta said...

I love that photo, she ooks so happy! And clean!

I hope you get some rest soon, and nutrients! I am in desperate need of those myself.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

I stumbled across your blog and I really enjoyed myself! Also, I love the name Pearl! In fact it is the planned name if my next child is a girl.

Take care,

Kirsten

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home