Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Halloweenies







I searched everywhere for a headband with bear ears on it, so that I could be a mama bear for Halloween. Nobody carried them. I even scoured that great shopping mall known as the Internet with pitiful results. So a day before the Halloween party I purchased some fuzzy material and whipped some up on my sewing machine! Well, I guess I didn't exactly whip them up; there was a lot of trial and error involved. But they turned out pretty well. I enjoyed making them and think it might have turned my crafty switch back on.

We attended a little family party at my sister's, and nobody managed to take a picture of the babies in their costumes together. There was much adoration all around. It was fun except for two things. Pearl woke up from a nap in my sister's bedroom and the baby monitor did not do its job and alert me to that, so my sister found her awake when she peeked in at her and brought her to me... and she was okay until she saw me and then burst into tears and was pretty darn inconsolable for a while. I felt bad; she seemed pretty upset by waking in a strange place without mama. And then the ride home. Pearl just does not like the car in the evenings at all and she lets us know, and I feel so bad, sitting next to her as she cries, looking at me as if she's thinking, "Why aren't you getting me out of this carseat?!" So Mr. Peach and I decided we're just not going to make social calls in the evenings for a while. It sucks, but it's not worth it for a half hour of misery for all involved.

I would share pictures of the fabulous jack-o-lantern I carved but I didn't carve one as I waited too long to buy a pumpkin and there were no decent pumpkins to be had.

What with the Halloween party and the time change Pearl's sleeping has gotten seriously messed up. I hope we get back on track soon because waking up at 2:30am isn't fun at all.

5 Comments:

Blogger Daph said...

So. Freakin'. CUUUUTE! You did a great job! Man, I can't believe how big she's getting already... it seems like just yesterday you were still pregnant! :)

2:35 PM  
Blogger Mama C-ta said...

LOVE your costumes, your ears turned out great and Pearl looks so cuddly!

I totally know what you mean about the car rides, sometimes it's just not worth doing it.

5:56 PM  
Blogger sarahgrace said...

You two are SOOO cute in your little bear outfits together.
What a cute idea. If I ever do anything for Haloween in the future, I think it would be fun to do some matching theme with my kids.

10:01 PM  
Blogger JulieB said...

Those pics are absolutely darling! I miss Halloween because I miss sewing costumes for my kids. They still have parts of them - and still love Halloween as well.

12:14 PM  
Blogger pretendingsanity said...

I love, love, love that first picture! I can really tell how MUCH she looks like you! wow!

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home