Sunday, March 26, 2006

A Peach and Pearl Daffodil

pp


I got my new camera on Friday night, after much stress and strife caused by UPS. Yes, my apartment is funky and my door is on the opposite side as all the other apartments, but the guy is a delivery man. His job is to find doors. He couldn't find mine so he said the apartment number on the package was wrong - my apartment is #1 - and that the apartment numbers started at 2. Why, oh why, would they start at 2?!

At any rate, after myriad phone calls and thanks to my hero of a husband who hunted it down for me, my new camera is safe and sound in its new home. I bought on a Nikon D50 with a 50mm f/1.8 lens, a 18-55mm lens, a reversal ring so I can play around with macro for cheap, a SB600 Speedlight flash, and a remote. Fun!

I also bought Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson because I don't know much about the techinical aspect of photography. I'm looking forward to learning all about it and having more control over the images I make, but in the meantime I've been playing with my new camera on the more automated settings and am very pleased with it so far. There are some more photos I uploaded yesterday on my flickr page.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you smell my jealousy from there?

7:53 AM  
Blogger Daph said...

Yup, color me jealous, too. I've been wanting a D50 for forever, but I'll just live vicariously through the rest of you! I can't wait to see all the great pics you'll take with it! :D

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home