Sunday, November 12, 2006

Fun with Hats

Since we've been living here for six months, this weekend we finally decided to get around to hanging curtains in the living room and going through all the junk in what will someday be Pearl's bedroom. While going through some clothes in there I came across some of her hats. Her father had donned one before venturing out into the cold recently and she had been pretty nervous about its presence on his head so I thought putting one on her head and showing it to her in the mirror and talking about it wouldn't be a bad idea. The one Mr. Peach is wearing (with the seam to the front... argh!) is one I crocheted for him out of faux mohair for a birthday a few years back, and Pearl is wearing a hat her paternal grandmother bought her for Christmas last year.

Fun with Hats







She was irritated about the hat at first but once I showed her reflection wearing it she didn't even try to take it off, just sat and gazed at herself!


Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pictures are priceless ... showing the transformation from concern to interest to "Hey! Look at my cool hat!"

My daughter hates hats and won't stand for them. I had not considered the mirror trick. Will have to try it.

7:45 PM  
Blogger sarah doow said...

I don't blame her for gazing at herself, look how cute she looks!

3:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I was that adorable, I'd just sit and gaze at myself in the mirror, too. That last photo is just beautiful.

I'm here via the NaBloPoMo Randomizer. Best of luck with your thirty days of posting!

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, she is precious! isn't fun to dress 'em up? it's gonna be a major bummer when my boy develops his own sense of style!

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home