Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Thrilled!

Well, I am feeling much better about America's political situation now that elections are over! Good news all around: Democrats have gained control of Congress, the majority of Governors are now Democrats (mine included! Huzzah!), a woman is set to become the first female Speaker of the House, and Rumsfeld has resigned. Here's hoping this will lead us to a better future! I am sticking my fingers in my ears as my conspiracy theorist husband idly wonders if perhaps we are just being set up to trust the voting system so that we can be taken advantage of again in the '08 Presidential election.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Charles Riedmueller said...

Hear, hear. (or is it "here, here"? I never know)

Tell your husband to relax and enjoy the democracy. Rove would never stand for losing seats . . . and my electronic voting machine had a printer!

He knows how much I deplore those theories anyway.

-PW

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Charlie!

I'll have you know that I am very happy to have been wrong about, well pretty much everything regarding this year's elections.

Some people say I'm paranoid. I like to think I'm hyper-aware. It doesn't mean I want these things to happen. But if they do happen, I'm prepared. If they don't happen, I am extremely relieved and will admit I was wrong.

Good to (see... read...) you around!

7:48 AM  
Blogger christina said...

Definitely cheers to a good turn of events. (did you have to throw in that bit about trusting the voting system though?? I'm going to be worrying about that until 08. tell your husband it's all his fault.)

5:27 PM  
Blogger Charles Riedmueller said...

Yeah, I'm around, Scott. Never left, actually. I've read every post . . . I'm just not really "active" so much any more.

Gonna fire up "Just the Facts" again someday?

I'm pondering a new blog myself. Dunno.

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually I'm blogging a little again, but nothing much really. I've been invited to be a guest on The Soccer Mom Vote as well, but I'm not sure if that's going to take off or not. I'd love it if you started blogging again. You've always been able to give me a different perspective.

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home