Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Guess It's Time to Watch Our Mouths!

The other day, Mr. Peach was playing golf on the Wii and Pearl was watching him. "Damn it!" he growled, and was echoed moments later by Pearl's own utterance: "Dammit!"

He didn't even hear her so I pointed it out and fussed at him for cussing around her. This morning as I was rummaging around in my purse for my ever-elusive keys, I muttered, "Shit!" and was then startled to hear Pearl repeat it quite precisely.

We've been meaning to watch our language for months now but I guess it's time to really pay attention... I know a Grandma whose heart is going to break if she hears Pearl drop the f-bomb!


Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger merseydotes said...

You'll get a kick out of this.

http://sjl.funnyordie.com//v1/view_video.php?viewkey=3efbc24c7d2583be6925

2:02 PM  
Blogger Susan D. said...

I made the mistake of saying "Oh, crap!" around Esther, only to have the pleasure of hearing her say it again and again, for nearly two weeks. And she KNEW it was a bad word - I could tell by the mischief-face she put on every time she said it. Yeah, now we work a bit harder at minding our mouths...

3:47 AM  
Blogger Christina Rosalie said...

Oh yes, we're SO THERE as well. It's harder than I thought it would be! Pearl sounds like she's talking SO MUCH of late. Isn't it fun?

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, I can only imagine when we get to that point. We too keep putting it off, thanks for the reminder!

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home