Thursday, June 28, 2007

Twenty-Five Months Old

Pearl is twenty-five months old now and I am happy to say that this month has been a lot easier than the last. She even gave up on shrieking to convey her displeasure at things... for a few weeks. She has resumed that practice over the past few days, unfortunately.



She has also been somewhat violent in her anger lately, wanting to hit me or sometimes she'll slap at her face. I wasn't really prepared for that, I just tell her not to hit Mama and tell her to whack the couch or the pillow instead. She complies and it seems to work well as a way to vent her irritation.

She is really beginning to assert her independence lately, too - I am hearing more and more "I awwna do it!" So, yes, she is very much a toddler.

Painter/Painted


She has been a lot more active physically in general lately, and I am glad as she has sometimes been 'behind' in this respect... at least compared to her same-age cousin. I shouldn't compare them but it's really hard not to. Anyway, she can now jump! And she loves to run - a few nights ago we took her to the park for a walk as it was nearing bedtime and I sensed she still had energy to burn. Instead of walking a third of the loop then asking to "Carry you", she ran a good 3/4 of the whole trail! Mr. Peach and I were so amazed. She repeated the performance again last night, saying, "So fast!" as she went.

At Terra Studios


She and I took a trip to an artsy place nearby this month where glass bluebirds are made and the grounds are decorated with all sorts of sculptures of fantastical creatures and other fun things. She enjoyed it even more than the first time we took her there - one year ago, coincidentally enough. Along with the statues there are all sorts of fountains there and playing in water is one of her favorite things to do right now!

Behind the Fountain


The statues there must have made a big impression on her. A few days later her father brought some cinnamon rolls home for breakfast and as we were eating them I told her what they were called. She nodded and said, "Cinnamon trolls!"

And then a few days ago we were in the bedroom and she told me that she heard a loud noise. I said, "I think that was a big truck driving by." Pearl paused for a moment, then she replied, "Maybe it was a dragon!"

I love hearing what she has to say, witnessing these early verbal expressions of what is going on in her mind.

A Quiet Moment


In the car, I look in the mirror at her watching the world roll by and I think, "There is nothing like her on this Earth." I love her so much!

Her "Big Smile"



Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures; she looks like a magical little elf in the first one. Cracking up over the cinnamon trolls ...

12:06 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

she looks so grown up! and she's just so beautiful!

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I swear your photos just kill me. I think you've captured every possible emotion - I can't believe how grown she looks.

9:47 PM  
Blogger sarah doow said...

What a wonderful imagination - maybe it was a dragon!

3:19 AM  
Blogger Christina Rosalie said...

Love "cinnamon trolls!" and your post reminded me again about bearing witness to how are kids are at whatever stage their in... she's so beautiful--like a little fairy with her big blue eyes and whispy blond hair. :)

6:37 PM  
Blogger thethinker said...

Great pictures. She's so adorable!

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home