Saturday, November 25, 2006

In Which Pearl Discovers Acorns

At my in-laws' house yesterday afternoon, Pearl found some acorns for the first time. It is experiences like this that made my old job teaching toddlers at a preschool worthwhile, and made me look forward to sharing them with children of my own. I love witnessing her explore and discover all the wonderful things in the world around her. She picked the acorns up and dropped them and found them again, her grandmother showed her how some had little caps, she rolled them across rocks and stashed them in a hole in a rock, and she tried to work her mouth around the syllables as we told her, "That's an acorn!" And then she attempted to eat them.

Enchanted by Acorns

Zooming Acorns

Learning about Acorns with Grandma

Putting Acorns in a Hole in a Rock

Acorns!

Channeling Her Inner Squirrel

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Omigoodness!! Adorable! That last one is priceless. Eeee!

8:33 PM  
Blogger christina said...

The light in these photos is SO PERFECT. Pearl's eye in the last one..oh, I just love that picture!

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home