Thursday, February 24, 2005

Saw Baby Again Today

This morning we had a prenatal appointment and a quick but fun ultrasound. Baby was bopping around all over the place, more active than last time. She is always such a little wiggler, I just know she's going to be one of those babies who is all over the place and into everything, curious and strong. She's going to be lots of fun; I can't wait to meet her.

We saw her heart clearly this time, beating strong. And she still looks like a girl, which is good... it would be terribly disconcerting to find out that she's a boy! We didn't get any photos this time, but we did tape it and one of these days I will get a digital copy and perhaps post some pics from it here.

Our next appointment is in two weeks, and that's when I'll do the glucose tolerance test, to see if I might have gestational diabetes. I'm not looking forward to it even though it doesn't sound like it's going to be a big ordeal or anything, I just don't think it's necessary. However my CNM encouraged me to take it, as I do have a family history of diabetes, so I'll do it without fussing. She also encouraged me to sign up for childbirth classes. Mr. Peach and I have discussed this a bit, and we'd kind of decided to do the Bradley Method, on our own, using the workbooks and stuff, but upon thinking about it I think we should probably take a class, mainly because I have no self-discipline and it will be much easier to actually do what the Bradley Method wants me to do if I have a teacher telling me to do it. I called the local midwifery school and their last session just ended and they don't have the dates set up for the next session but they are supposed to call me when they do.

So, appointments every two weeks now, Bradley Method classes, and oh yeah, I have only gained one pound this month! I was quite surprised, as I graze all day and get hardly any exercise. Still, I picked up a few books on prenatal nutrition as I want to be healthy, and I want baby to be healthy as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home