Saturday, April 22, 2006

Creative Works!

A weekend or two ago I did some tie-dyes, using a kit my husband got for my birthday nearly a year ago. It was fun (though leaning over the bathtub left me with some sore muscles!). I used the three colors of dye provided to make more colors and I now know that I prefer to have my colors premade! That way I have a better idea of how they will look. Some of them were a little kool-aid for my personal tastes. I also learned to draw designs on the inside of the shirt as even though I could scarcely see the marks the pencil made, the dye stuck to them. Whoops. Also the backs almost always look better than the front so I think I'll fold them the other way next time, too. At any rate I ended up with several good ones and several not so good ones. I'll post my favorites here, and you can view all of them (plus some newborn tie-dye goodness) here.

Spiral


Diagonal


Diamond


I think this one is the star of the show:

Heart


And I made matching mama and baby tie-dyes too:

Matching Spiral Matching Spiral

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice! where did you get the kit?

i was thinking of trying to do some batik, but probably i should try something like what you did first. (:

7:44 PM  
Blogger fuzzypeach said...

Batik is on my to-do list too:) This is the kit I used: http://www.dickblick.com/zz013/01/

4:53 AM  
Blogger Daph said...

Those came out really well, the colors are gorgeous! I especially love the heart, that's so neat how you got it to come out that way! :)

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fun and they turned out great!! Lovin' the heart one. I must say ever since I saw Pearl in a tie dye way back I've been craving one for Cricket. But the store by us sells them for over $30. So cool you made them, you should sell them ;)

I've been wondering how the EC is going these days??

6:43 AM  
Blogger christina said...

I want one!! I love the second one down from the top. These are super cute.

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home