Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Little Red Wagon

What with Pearl trying to walk and all we decided to get her a push toy, after seeing her pitifully shoving boxes and laundry baskets around all stooped over. We decided on this one as it was cute, not plasticky and obnoxious, and has a 'resist' feature which means it doesn't fly away from babies as soon as they put pressure on it, causing them to land on their little faces or knees at best. It was a little pricy but I expect that she will get several year's worth of use out of it. Did I mention it's adorable? I've also been planning on getting her this matching ride-on for her birthday.

She loves it! She spent a while checking out its various parts and once we showed her how to walk with it, she was all about it. However, it doesn't turn, and sadly we don't have any long, level stretches in the house for her to use it on so every eight seconds or so I get an expectant look and go turn it around for her. I don't mind much though - she has so much fun doing it. Pearl also loves being pushed around in it.

She Loves Her Wagon!




Checking the Tires


wagon6




I didn't get any action photos when she first tried it out as I was busy with the camcorder but I did get one today. I know you can barely see her face but on it is an expression of sheer joy.

Joy

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Elaine said...

The day we bought one from Ikea for Lily was I think one of the best days of her life. She LOVED being able to walk around and smash into things. And now Anya's starting to enjoy it as well, so it's double the fun.

And she really does look like she's having the time of her life, so cute!

6:13 PM  
Blogger sarah doow said...

What a smile! I think I had a much simpler push-along cart when I was little. I think it might have had coloured blocks that could be kept in it too. I guess storing blocks on wheels made it easier for them to be distributed randomly around the house!

3:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it!!!! Look at her go. I'm a sucker for Radio Flyer and I've never seen those before. I might have to steal yet another idea from you. I already bought a little ride ontrike for Cricket's bday b/c it was on clearance so I couldn't pass up the deal :) But I totally love that little wagon! Fortunately for us our house is shaped like a long hallway!

7:09 AM  
Blogger Stella Maternity said...

That is too cute! I love her little blue dress.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Davina said...

I want one!! SHe is adorable! I love the blue dress, too...

2:50 PM  
Blogger Daph said...

Cute wagon, she looks absolutely thrilled! :)

10:27 PM  
Blogger pretendingsanity said...

I love it! I've never seen a wagon like that, I'll have to keep that in mind if I ever have another kiddo.

And I have to say that the more I see of that sweet little pixie face, the more in love I am with it.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Susan D. said...

Cute baby, cute toy - lucky you! She's at a really great age right now. We got our little girl a ride-on/walk-behind toy when she was the same age, but I can't honestly say she liked it any better than the laundry baskets she was shoving around before.

1:22 AM  
Blogger sarahgrace said...

So, so precious. I just want to squeal, "Hoooow Cuuuuute!!!"

1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home