Monday, April 10, 2006

First Step, and Other Things

On Friday evening Pearl took her first step. She was standing, by herself facing me here at the computer desk, between the tv stand and the ottoman, which my husband had pulled up to sit on while he played a video game. She moved one foot forward and then the other, then stood there a moment, then went to move again and tumbled down. So it was a singular first step. I think I have a few weeks, maybe more than a month even, before she is actually toddling around. She loves to zoom around the house holding onto someone's fingers but she isn't very steady about it. Just a week or so ago she had no interest in doing it, as she could get around much faster by crawling! But now she's decided it's fun, I guess.

Walking Around with Grandma


On Saturday we went on a hike with Pearl in the Ergo carrier on my back. I've used it enough now to give it a good review with confidence - it is very comfortable! Pearl seems to like it too - she dozed a lot as we hiked. I took lots of photos, all of which can be seen at my flickr page, but here are a few of my favorites:

Sunlit Dogwoods

Nuzzling Ferns



wildflower5


Tree Shell

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Elaine said...

YAY for first steps!

Anya's been trying, but has yet to make it work. I think we're close though... likely by their first birthdays they'll be all over the place.

And those shots are beautiful!

2:25 PM  
Blogger Elaine said...

PS I'm eating a slice of pizza with a little cheese on top and it is so good and it makes me think of you. Fingers crossed Anya will be ok with it!

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for first steps! Istra still needs a bit more confidence I think; but I also need to encourage her more.

I love your photography. DH and I always look at your pictures and marvel at how perfectly lit everything seems. Do you have skylights in your apartment?

Love that tree shell.

7:25 PM  
Blogger fuzzypeach said...

Thanks all!

Yep, KB, that's my mother-in-law:)

Selena - our apartment doesn't have skylights but it does have a big south-facing window and a good east-facing one! And a west-facing one in the bedroom too.

Elaine, hope the pizza went over well with Anya... mmmmm pizza.

6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting, first steps! Great shots, love the little sprial thingies forming a heart shape.

So what do you like better about the Ergo than a Mei Tai? I don't know much about it but generally looked like the same concept? Is it easier to get Pearl in and out of when using it on your back?

3:56 PM  
Blogger pretendingsanity said...

that girl is not supposed to be growing up so fast, will you tell her that for me?

10:56 PM  
Blogger christina said...

Gorgeous photos!

7:32 PM  
Blogger JulieB said...

Wow, nice photos! you have got a great grip on the new camera.
I love baby carriers. I had one with a frame in it for my boys. The important part is that strap around your hips. Much easier to carry them on the hip than from your shoulders/back.

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pics!!!

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home