Thursday, November 30, 2006

Five Previously Unknown Things about Fuzzypeach

Christina tagged me to list five things I have not talked about here, providing me with some much needed inspiration for NaBloPoMo (Oh! It's over! I made it! Hooray!). As Elaine said, this was hard! But here are my five things:

  1. I regret the time Pearl spent away from my side as a newborn in the hospital. I didn't think it would bother me beforehand, and it did minimally at the time, but now I feel badly about it and I wonder what she felt/thought at those times. I don't think I'll be having a hospital birth again, though it was a pretty good birth all around.
  2. An aunt's Chow Chow bit a chunk out of my cheek when I was a toddler, leaving me with a scar near the corner of my mouth. I have only the vaguest memory of it, and I'm not sure if it is a true memory or just something constructed from the stories about it I have heard - but I've been very wary of dogs since.
  3. When I was in high school I planned on becoming a midwife. I was studying to be a Bachelor of Science in Nursing, with the intent to go on and get my Master's in Nurse-Midwifery. After I stopped going to college I still toyed with the idea of becoming a plain old midwife until earlier this year, when the midwifery school in my city closed down. Realistically though, I do not think I am cut out to handle the stress/responsibility that comes with that job, as amazing and rewarding though it would be.
  4. I don't generally have a problem with grossness... I can handle dirty diapers and scrubbing the bathroom just fine, but food grossness is another matter. I can't stand to mess with old food that's been sitting around on plates, and I when I do dishes I do everything I can to insure that I don't come into contact with any nastiness. I'm also paranoid about food being done enough.... food germs, ugh.
  5. I read books I love over and over and over again, until they fall apart. I firmly believe that a good book is like an old friend - it's always nice to go and visit them!
Now I will tag my five: Sarah, S, Teri, Merseydotes, & Doow - please consider it inspiration and not obligation:) Anyone else who wishes to play along is of course welcome to as well! Leave a linky so I can check it out!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my...this is going to be hard...I'll leave a link when I'm done though : )

I can really identify with the food grossness right now! I mean really!

I have always thought it would be really neat to be a midwife as well, but know I'm not cut out for it either. My sister, on the other hand, is an OB nurse at the moment and I hope she takes the extra steps to become one. I only wish that she could've delivered my babies. : )

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay...here it is. That was actually easier than I thought, and now that my brain is on that track, I keep thinking of all kinds of things people don't know about me. Ha ha. Funny pregnant brain. Who knows?
http://www.sarahsermons.com/?p=372

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, since I've already been spilling all sorts of internal ugliness out on my blog, I'll have to dig around to see if there's something I've kept hidden away, lol.

If you don't want to do the midwife thing, have you thought of becoming a doula? I have ...

I'm not too squeamish about food left on plates, but I get downright freaked out by spoiled produce. And it doesn't even have to be nasty ... just a little bit of brown and I'm ready to heave it on the compost pile. I also don't like to see or touch hair once it has come off of someone's head ... ick.

Hmmm. Maybe I should be saving this stuff for my list of five things ...

6:36 PM  
Blogger sarah doow said...

Ooh, tagged - I must think ...

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Linky linky

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home