Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Today

This morning I took a bunch of pictures of Pearls, practicing for a holiday portrait but not really getting anything as good as I'd like. Last year doing this I had a hard time just getting her to sit up and not fall over; this year I have a hard time keeping her from running off! It's crazy.

My creation


It was a soft gray, warmish day - balmy air pushed ahead of the cold front that has now hit. Pearl and I went to the park and played and played this afternoon, perhaps the last time we'll be able to do that for a while without bundling up. I just ordered her a winter coat a few days ago. I'd been eyeing this one from Land's End, but I was too slow and the blue one disappeared. So I got this one instead. It stole my heart with a blue intended for female use and a zipper protector - I hate worrying about zippers digging into Pearl's neck; I don't know why all coats aren't made like this. Her very first coat was an adorable corduroy jacket, but it had a zipper that bugged her so I replaced it with this one in light blue which is about as cute as can be - she looked like a little winter gnome.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Emily Fry Photography said...

those portraits are wonderful! i love her dress.

6:38 AM  
Blogger merseydotes said...

Can I ask where you got the dress? It's beautiful.

9:47 AM  
Blogger fuzzypeach said...

The dress is from Gymboree... it's a few years old; I bought it on Ebay. I love it too!

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute, cute, cute!! Cute pictures...cute jackets!

12:12 PM  
Blogger Musings of a Housewife said...

Gorgeous pictures, gorgeous child!! (Found your blog from My Topography)

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful dress and as usual your pictures are lovely! I love the one of Pearl reading.

I'm sort of chuckling over your winter jackets... after just reading elsewhere that you had snow, I was expecting something a little bit more... wintery. (: DD's got a lavender down-filled jacket that makes her look like the Michelin man.

- selena

5:28 PM  
Blogger fuzzypeach said...

Hehe, Selena, yeah I guess I should mention that winters around here consist of 30F temps and some wet snow... if that... maybe some ice. It rarely gets cold enough for Pearl to need a REAL coat.

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabulous pics. So creamy, and the dark background is so dramatic. Love the dress.

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome pics, I am sure it was hard work but it was worth it!

I've had the hardest time finding an interesting and practical winter coat for Julian. I finally found one and then tried it on him at home to find it had the worst fit and was so annoying to put on. I've since settled for practical w/a good fit but we don't have a fancy zipper protector!

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home