Thursday, October 25, 2007

Projects Completed: Kimono & Corduroys

I finished this outfit and photographed it a few weeks ago:



Though I am love Asian-inspired things and the floral fabric print (which is appropriately from Japan), I'm not crazy about this top. Maybe it's a tad too big for Pearl, or maybe the fabric is just too stiff... I just don't love it.

Kimono Top & Corduroys


And the pants.... oh, those pants! I got them done, seams finished, hemmed perfectly... and I was trimming the seams down with my rotary cutter I got a bit cocky and careless and sliced right through the pants leg. I literally cried, as I didn't have enough corduroy left to make another, and, being somewhat poor, can't just rush out and buy more. So I had to undo the him, the inner leg seam, patch the slices and add side pockets to cover the damage, reseam, rehem, etc. They're done now though, so, hooray.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's adorable, and I love that it's not PINK! I immediately noticed the side pockets on the pants and thought it was a nice touch!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Selena said...

I think the outfit looks great! I also think that Pearl looks SO MUCH like you in that top picture... I've never noticed the likeness before for some reason. I also noticed that she looks a lot older all of a sudden... so maybe she's growing up to look more like mama.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

too cute! i am so jealous of your sewing skills!

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, so cute! You are so talented! I would've cried if I'd have sliced through the pant leg too. I've had similar things happen when I've managed to create a pretty decent looking pot, and then I slice through the bottom when I'm trimming the foot of it...agh! I feel your pain. At least you were able to find a good fix though!

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is adorable! The pattern I used for the girls' kimono tops is a little boxy, so I don't love it, either.

The pant leg cutting, oh! I totally feel your pain. High five on mending them anyway, and they're really cute!

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home